Saturday, January 30, 2010

Carter's Birthday Shirts

To go along with his Thomas chair, I made Carter two applique shirts. One is Cars themed to wear to his party tomorrow and the other is one of those cute tie applique ones. The Cars one turned out super cute:


I bought the t-shirt at Hobby Lobby for $3, the Cars patch there too for $2, and got the race flag fabric there for $.50 for 1/4 yard. I already had the red, black, and Wonder Under. I simply cut rectangle sized pieces of each fabric I was using and then ironed on the Wonder Under to the back (on our couch while watching a movie), I then made templates on cardstock and traced them onto the Wonder Under once it had cooled, cut, and ironed. I used my machine to stitch a red zigzag stitch through out the entire thing. I got excited because it looks pretty darn good for a beginner sewer.
The tie one was SUPER easy. I got the template for free offline and just expanded it since he is 3 and not wearing a onesie like the original template called for. I got the gray shirt at Dollar Tree (its Hanes though), and the fabric at Wal-Mart $.50 for 1/4 yard also. I followed the same steps, just switched to a bright blue contrasting zigzag stitch... I really like a good zigzag.

I have all of my Valentine's projects done and put up... but as you can see from most all of my blog pictures- I need to wait until daylight to photograph them. Since my average arrival time home Monday-Friday is 6:30, I never hit daylight. But, I will take some pictures of Carter's big party tomorrow. Hopefully my mom can take some deep breaths and chillax some. Geez- I don't know where I get my type A tendencies... It's so weird. Well- more to come.

Talk soon!

P.S. Hit up the Salvation Army today for some bday gifts for Kara. Got more new projects to start! I love the SA!

No comments:

Post a Comment