Friday, July 23, 2010
Something fun to do will be that I am going to tell you 20 secrets- ready, get set, go!
20. Knitting scares me. It truly does. Counting, tying, big loops, little loops... its creepy.
19. I am obsessed with cheap Bic pens. I have a whole jar upstairs and a whole jar downstairs. I get really mad when I cannot locate a cheap Bic pen. They are the best.
18. My favorite week is the week before school starts and I listen to loud music and make my classroom totally cute. My least favorite week is the actual first week of school. It is too hot to think- let alone learn, and the kids need lots of training!
17. I love to watch Jane Austen movies. I have probably watched Sense and Sensibility at least 100 times and Pride and Prejudice too. I have read each book once. I must say the movies are easier to follow.
16. I should read my Bible more... less chick lit- more Scripture.
15. I became super self-conscious about upper arm jingle when I saw it randomly flap this past school year when I wrote on the board... messed me up big time.
14. I count Mr. P's gray hairs when he sleeps (current count-18).
13. I still worry about my childhood dog, Hershey. He lives at my parents house and is 14. I will breakdown when he dies.
12. I just learned to sew this past year and am getting much better. I made a whole baby quilt. By myself. Which is only slightly lopsided. And has a few holes.
11. I am terrified to become old and "out of the loop". AKA my grandma who thinks texting and emailing are exactly the same thing.
10. I am a constant worrier. Big things, little things, worry about it all.
9. I don't doo much on my blog because I don't like my camera. Give me $400 and I'll get a new one.
8. I love having good friends, but lose patience with ones that are too hard to maintain.
7. I wish I didn't tell Mr. P little fibs "what this vase? Totally got it for Christmas- duh!" (As I scrape off the HomeGoods tag.
6. Always wished I had an orange tabby cat- but I am allergic and everyone I know hates cats.
5. Will always remember my mom telling me, "Go to school. Do something for yourself. No one can ever take that away from you." Am proud of my degree... not the student loan payment, but the degree.
4. Also remember my mom telling me, "High school is overrated. Let's play hooky tomorrow and go shop." MMm... ok!
3. Has really good friends. Friends from childhood, friends from college, friends that know every secret, and friends that you don't talk to for a month- but its like you never left off.
2. I still play with my American Girl dolls. True story. My parents gave them to me (read: said you are grown up and married- you store them) about 2 years ago. About every 2 months I get them out, brush their hair, and enjoy them. Not creepy. Totally sentimental.
1. I am excited. About the next phase of life. Being a mom. It will be great.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
I decided this year to decorate at the beginning of May for Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day all in one. That way I am not switching between summer decorations and holidays. Plus, I love Patriotic stuff. I followed Jen's tutorial, but went for a little less burlap since I had such a big wreath frame. I also opted for a lighter burlap and used a patriotic paisley bandana for the fabric pieces.
I also used the words life, liberty, and love- because that is what America means to me!
Definitely love the end result and it was a perfect end of the school year project... I sat on my couch and cut circles while watching a mindless movie!
P.S. I know you are a bit jealous of my Uncle Sam. I became a bit obsessed when I saw him at my mom and dad's... let's just say my mom had to repurchase one for herself!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
I would like to almost forget today happened.
It is not often that I let myself get sad or down, but today I was feeling it.
Another friend is having a baby.
One of many; ready to take that step and be a mom.
I am jealous.
When we first got married, I laughed it off- we were too young.
Then I felt a tiny pang of jealousy.
Now it is a full out, stab in the heart, overpowering sadness.
But are we ready?
Days like today when I am feeling mad, upset, and alone?
When we argue over who should take out the trash or feed the dogs?
So, I feel old... steps behind the rest of the world and where I always envisioned myself.
Kara brightened my day with my favorite form of caffeine.
Michelle overdid and bought me my beloved bee stuff from Hobby Lobby so I can throw a cool picnic. And carbs for lunch (oh how I miss thee!)
My cute kindergarteners threw me a (not at all... they blabbed) surprise party, complete with cards, gifts, a BEE themed cake ( I have an obsession), a dozen roses, and squeals of laughter.
But at the end of the day- I still don't like 26.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
I remember that when we first got married my Mom told me that your husband is either a romantic man or a man you try to make romantic for the rest of your life together. After the first year of realizing I was experiencing some unrealistic expectations I decided to stop trying to make Mr. P into something he wasn't.
However, I can't help that I like to use Valentine's Day, his birthday, our anniversary, and other holidays to show Mr.P how much I love him.
I saw on Tatertots and Jello her playing card Valentine coupons and thought they were SUPER cute- but unrealistic for Mr. P. He would throw them in a drawer and never use them. So, I decided to use playing cards and the same idea to do 52 things I love about him on playing cards. Which, after I explained my idea to her, Michelle told me she saw them somewhere on some blog- but here is my version of the cards that once I googled I found here.
Some of my favorites include:
How cute our kids will be
Your Nice Butt
How easy it was to say yes to you and the rest of our life
I hope you enjoy and maybe found a cute idea for your man!
P.S. Today I got this from one of my kindergarteners--
Do you think they got ideas from my classroom decorations? Hehe :) In my defense: Mr. P does bare a striking resemblance to Edward!