Saturday, January 9, 2010

Quick Repurposing Idea

I found this at Goodwill. I got really excited because I thought it was from the scrapbook organizing stuff at Michaels. You know, that cool white wood stuff that is about $40 for a pencil cup and a million dollars for a paper caddy?

It was only $4 after using a coupon (yes, even at Goodwill). I was with Michelle and she was laughing at me because we realized it is a bathroom organizer. Imagine it flipped the other way with toilet paper, a stinko-room deoderizer, and some folded up washcloths in the cubbies. The bar is for a towel to hang off of.
Well- no problem here. I took it to my dad and he made a notch on one side so the bar was removable. I then sanded the sides lightly, painted them with black acrylic paint, and picked some cool back and white scrapbook paper out that matches my other desk stuff. I ripped it all up and then mod podged it on the back and sides.... and Voila! A cute ribbon and supply organizer for $4.
Take that Michaels!

No comments:

Post a Comment