Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tulle Valentine Wreath



I wish I could take all of the credit for this supercute, supereasy Valentine wreath, but my mama actually came up with the idea. I showed her a picture of the black Halloween tulle wreath from another blog and she said to just make it with a heart and Valentine colors for February.
To make this you need a heart wreath form ($3.99 at Joann's), tulle (2 yards for each color if you want it to be two colors, or 4 yards total if one color), spray paint, ribbon, hot glue gun


This wreath was for my mom (she's the brains I am the creator). She chose red and bright pink for her colors. I spray painted her wreath form bright pink in case any tulle spots were not covered. Then get ready for your tulle by keeping your tulle folded in half, but cutting it into 8 strips, each about 5 inches wide.
After you have 8 strips per color ( you should have a small amount left from your 2 yards), cut each strip along the foldline; making two strips from the one piece. Then, cut the two strips into thirds. This does NOT have to be done perfectly... its a messy wreath. You should end up with 48 pieces of tulle in each color. (haha college algebra...)
Two piles: ignore large glare from kitchen table and flash!
Then, just start tying your tulle around the wreath in an AABB pattern. I doubled up so it made the different colors very apparent. Go all the way around and then fluff when you are done to make it look like this.
Simply add some ribbon by hot gluing it to the back and voila! Cute, cheap, no sewing, and easy!
Well- I have a LOT to do this week:
1. start recovering the purple chair for Carter's birthday ( I am scared)
2. finish making puffy Valentine hearts
3. finish all valentine projects (wood blocks, banner, etc)
4.make Carter a cute shirt to wear for his party
5. Still work, tutor, cook, clean, and be my usual adorable self!
Talk soon-

1 comment: